Thursday, June 15, 2006

Unfinished



Well, I'm still working on it; a little more detail left to do.

Allison isn't nuts about these ones where every direction is right-side up, but I hope she'll give it another try.

I started it during a meeting of the Spark-plugs a week and a half ago and worked on it last weekend when I was down in Virginia for my brother's high-school graduation. The woman who gave the commencement speech kept yelling at the graduates and the crowd that we should seize the day. She was very insistent, even resorting to Latin on several occassions.

Later, I told my brother (who's graduating with an ache) that there are no beginnings and there are no ends and he told me that I should have given the commencement speech, but I don't think he meant it.

7 Comments:

Blogger R. Monkey said...

you want a commencement speech? i'll show you a commencement speech: http://www.hamilton.edu/news/more_news/display.cfm?ID=10839

are you still going to japan?

12:20 PM  
Blogger R. Monkey said...

oops. this is the link i meant to paste: http://www.hamilton.edu/commencement/2006/moyers.pdf

12:23 PM  
Blogger Michael Arthur said...

OK--that's better than "there are no beginnings and no endings," but I would have refined it.

I am still going to Japan--two weeks from today. I don't have any set plan other than spending a few days in Tokyo and then heading down to Kyoto. Any suggestions?

When do you come to NYC?

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're so lucky your going to japan....i'm jealous now haha where are you staying in tokyo?

12:41 PM  
Blogger Michael Arthur said...

The Hotel New Otani. I'm going with my brother Rob, who just graduated high-school.

Can I get you anything while I'm there?

Also, I'll be at Manon on Thursday . . .

12:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats so cool......um....i love cell phone charms...especially ones with sushi (specifically tuna rolls) but i really don't need anything...but if you see an interesting cell phone charms i'd love one....ill pay you or whatever.......YAY!

manon on thursday should be AMAZING i saw alex and julio in rehersal..and it was quite possibly the best dancing i've seen..and my mom said that thats not even half of what they'll do on stage....look for me in the village scenes! (im the tallest lady beggar with the small brown hat!)

well i hope i'll get to see you on thurday before the show or something... i can show you what ive been up to this year..art wise

9:54 AM  
Blogger R. Monkey said...

miguel, i'm getting in july 29th. DO NOT BE IN CANADA.

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home