Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A Few Weeks In The Life


Well, it's been a hectic couple of weeks. This one started in Newport, Joey and I hanging out in our room after the rehearsal dinner, trying to unwind from all the excitement. I added some the next weekend down in Austin where I met Linus, mighty Linus and listened to a bunch of Wilco with Alex, contemplating his first Father's Day. Another section showed up sitting at Quacks up in the old neighborhood where Jennifer and I used to stop for coffee and bagels. Then I threw in a little nature from a lovely afternoon laying on a rock in the rapids of the Greenbelt.

It's been a longer and stranger trip than usual of late, reconnecting with old friends and many memories and revisiting old haunts only to find them not as haunted as I remembered them. Time and distance, baby . . . time and distance.

I've also been working on some completely new things, things that don't fit on my scanner, things that stretch my moments to the length of weeks, things that have made me a little secluded and slower on the processing. Things that just weren't made for a blog. In fact, one of them debuted Sunday night on stage at the Bait and Tackle where Balthrop, Alabama held their album release party. It looked mighty purty up, there framed by the band and presented like a check from Ed McMahon.

However, it has to be said that Ed McMahon NEVER dropped a check. Just saying.

Do you remember the days when an album came out and you loved it for the music and the package the music came in? Well, Balthrop's delivering. They made the music available months ago on their web-page, but now it's all been mastered and dressed up pretty in a two-cd-package with accompanying book and artwork and if you want to be like me, get yourself a copy, sit on your couch and listen to it while you ooh and ahh your way through the pages.

Oh. And look who flew home from the West Coast, arriving early on a Tuesday and making New York a little cooler and me a good bit happier.

Into the Next . . . .

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhhhh ... that's nice!

9:35 PM  
Blogger R. Monkey said...

but nevermind all that now...tell me about the queso.

6:08 AM  
Blogger Michael Arthur said...

There's an empty, empty chair with your name on it over at Guero's where the cheese never cools.

Don't they know how to melt stuff in Spain?

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home