Saturday, August 18, 2007

Old Man, Take a Look At Me Now . . .


This week was the eight year anniversary of my moving to New York.

I never wanted to live in New York when I was a kid, never wanted to live here when I was in college and never wanted to move here in Grad-school, but here I am and I may leave someday, but I don't see it on any horizon.

I love this city and I especially love my neighborhood and I really love my life and my friends, even the bumpy bits.

Years ago, when I was going through a series of Rolfing sessions, I was told by my Rolfer that whenever I was in any relationship I shouldn't be asking "who is she that I love so much?" but rather, "who am I in this relationship and can I live happily being that person?"

I'm going up to Canada for the weekend; but, when I come back on Tuesday, dance with me, New York City . . . I like the way I look with you out on the dance floor.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want to move to new york...

1:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our ten year New York City anniversary of love is coming up at the end of the month. I can't imagine living here without you relatively nearby, but I guess we did for two years. Oh, to go back to that Penn Station moment ... Happy Anniversary, Michael Arthur, and may you never leave this city.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home