Saturday, February 02, 2008

Weekend Funnies


A friend of mine passed away last month and I miss her.

Once, soon after I had moved to New York and was giving voice to an inner monologue that pretty much plays in constant rotation, she said something that has been balm ever since.

"Flo," I said, "Do you think I'm ever going to make a living doing this? I mean how will it happen? How will I survive?"

And this woman, this institution, this behind-the-scenes-tower-of-good-humor and no-nonsense who had stared down the insecurities of legends looked at me and said, "I wonder if you'll even be able to tell when you have a career?"

3 Comments:

Blogger KHSOMusic said...

I really like that :) She is very wise.
I hope orchestral conducting is that way for me...I mean..."what do you do...like what's your job?"..."Most of my time is spent around music, conducting orchestras...and sometimes I get money"
:)

2:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that all of your faithful fans and friends should own a copy of that.

Please?

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, thank you!

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home