Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Big Rooms


Old Springs Pike and Elizabeth and the Catapult sat everyone down and sang to them over at the Highline Ballroom Sunday night. Guess they're moving up, playing the big rooms to promote their new albums and the like. Except neither band has a full album out yet.

They do have posters if you want them.

And an audience that will follow them anywhere, record every moment, post it, share it, talk about it and scream like everyone up and caught Beatlemania. Or Pikechosis.

It so happens that I don't have any drawings of Elizabeth and the Catapult from the night, but that's just because they and I and a gazillion other musicians and wanna be musicians and promoters and music writers are heading down to Austin tomorrow for SXSW and I knew I'd have another chance before the week was done. Or, you know, three chances.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tamra said...

Pikechosis... i normally don't like names (or terms) referring to my fandom, but i think i like that one!

and i love your latest set of drawings!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Michael Arthur said...

Thanks--and glad I didn't ruffle your pikeotic feathers . . . :)

2:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home