Wednesday, April 30, 2008

These Are The Good Old Days


Carly Simon and her household played the Pub last night to celebrate the release of her new album. Nancy flew in all the way from Ohio just to be there and Jimmy Webb sat up front and played on a couple of songs to make the night all special and the like.

Ben Taylor sat in with the band, which shows you what good connections can get a person. Katie Marie liked that he asked about her hair color, but I pointed out that if being the offspring of two of the most successful singer/songwriters of the seventies doesn't breed sensitivity then nothing will.

Peter Callo, Carly's guitarist, wandered over to my drawing booth during a break and talked to me about meeting Klaus Voormann. "Have you ever heard of him?" he asked.

"Oh, yeah," I replied. "He was such an elemental influence on me, it wasn't even conscious."

Then he told me about hanging out with him during the making of Carly Simon's album and I found the only other person I know who could have geeked out with me about both Klaus Voorman's art and bass-playing. Later, when Chris Collingwood was on stage in his Yellow Submarine t-shirt, I asked Kelly if she knew who Klaus Voormann was; her answer supports my theory.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention that "Mr. Sensitivity" also bought me a drink...

1:53 PM  
Blogger Michael Arthur said...

With you as a client, what would a publicist ever do?

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good question. Hence why I do not employ the services of a publicist. It simply would be a waste of time and money.

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home