Thursday, June 24, 2010

Bridge


Yesterday, Pascal, Bernie, Chris and I watched America vs. Algeria under the arch of the Manhattan Bridge in Dumbo. There might have been a better place in the city to watch, but I couldn't say where it would be.

I'm learning more and more about the game as the stakes get higher and higher. When the winning goal went in, everyone leaped to their feet and cheered so loud I expect folks riding the rumbling Q train in to Manhattan 200 feet or so above us probably looked around to see where the noise was coming from.

Later, Chris and I sipped a vodka lemonade in Brooklyn Heights and watched an Algerian soccer fan wrapped in his flag at the bar.

"He's gotta be bummed." Chris said.

"It's a lose-win for him," I pointed out.

"How so?"

"He's bummed as an Algerian, but he's an American too. He wins."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home